Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Going Beyond the Limits

As I was reading one of our assignments, I was intrigued by the idea that Aristotle believed that there was an end to our universe.  Our reading said that he believed that the universe "was finite: beyond the sphere of the fixed stars and the prime mover, there was nothing, not even space."  This really made me think about the fact that sometimes in my life I find boundaries and limits on what I am familiar with and what I understand. I am excited to work on expanding those boundaries this semester as we learn new things and explore new areas, especially ones that I am less familiar with.  Often going outside of those boundaries is a little difficult at first, but it is very rewarding. I look forward to learning a lot in this class and coming to better understand a broader range of topics and interests.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to that. I barely check my facebook account. I agree that it is definitely good to expand your boundaries and learn new things and I am excited to see how this class turns out.

    ReplyDelete