Monday, September 13, 2010

Tweet Tweet

Today Jeff Chen taught me more about microblogging options through Twitter. I had heard of Twitter and "tweets", but I had never tried to figure out what they are or what they could be used for.  Today that all changed.

Twitter is another way that we can communicate easily with our friends, but also with people from all around the world.  Twitter is free to sign up for at http://twitter.com/.  Twitter provides options to send specific people a message. It also allows you to post a comment, question, etc. that anyone can see and can respond to.  Many companies are now using Twitter both as an advertising method and also as a way to communicate with their employees, because they can easily and quickly send a "tweet" to everyone to remind them of an upcoming meeting.  You can also connect with other people who have similar interests and follow what they are saying.  Twitter also allows you to choose which people you want to follow and then you can receive updates whenever they post a "tweet".  Thanks to Jeff I now have a much better understanding of Twitter, and I am even considering signing up for an account.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm .. maybe I'll look into it too. I have typically felt an aversion to Twitter.

    ReplyDelete