Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Creating a Screen Shot on Windows Vista

I have Windows Vista, so lately when I have been creating screen shots (especially for my blog) I have had to do it the long way (using the "Prnt Scrn" button and Microsoft Paint.  Yesterday I was using someone else's computer, which is a Mac.  I needed to create some screen captures and so I did a search in help and learned that it is much simpler to do on a Mac.  When I was back on my computer today I decided to do a little research to see if there isn't an easier way with Windows than the one I have been using.  Guess what?!?! There is an easier way!  If you have Windows Vista then there is a much easier way to create screen captures!

Keep reading to learn how.

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Start typing "Snipping" in the search bar.
3. "Snipping Tool" will come up as a search result.
4. When you click on it, the "Snipping Tool" will open. 
5. Click on "New" and it will let you drag and select what you want to capture. 
6. When you release the mouse, it will copy that image into the Snipping Tool window where you can draw on the image and save it. 

A screen capture of our class blog.
While it definitely has room for improvement (for example, you can't create a screen shot of just anything--it wouldn't let me create a screen shot of using the "Snipping Tool"--oh well) and it still isn't as slick as on a Mac, it is at least a great improvement over using the "Prnt Scrn" button. :)  Also, if anyone knows of an easier way....please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! I hate using the old way, but this makes it easier. Who know that you could actually use Help and get answers?

    ReplyDelete